× Members

PIP Decision - 0 Points on everything

More
1 week 3 days ago #290473 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP Decision - 0 Points on everything
I have autism and am just awaiting confirmation of my ADHD. I had the same levelled at me, O and A levels mean I have no problems. But I was always very last minute with my homework, revision, anything. Dropped out of one A level just three weeks in, and did two in a school where three was the norm and four common. My default is not to take any risk, to avoid the consequences, but this leads to problems just much less obvious than the risk-taking ones. And easier for ignorant assessors and decision makers to ignore and discount.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, C, PaleGreenGhost, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• PaleGreenGhost
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
6 days 5 hours ago #290680 by PaleGreenGhost
Replied by PaleGreenGhost on topic PIP Decision - 0 Points on everything
Thanks for all the words of encouragement and help so far, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that this is taking its toll on my mental and physical wellbeing but everyone's continued support has made it a lot easier so I really do appreciate it.

Unfortunately I do not have a video or audio recording of the assessment, on the pamphlet provided by Capita it says
"you are not permitted to record the assessment or take photographs" and "we are also unable to record the assessment" so I was led to believe there wasn't an option to have anything recorded other than the notes that I took during the assessment.

I've been looking at the PIP appeal guide and the templates have been very useful. Regarding providing evidence I don't have any specific evidence from medical professionals etc when it comes to specific things like preparing meals for example as it's something that just didn't come up when meeting with medical professionals/therapists, how do I provide evidence for these things? I wrote about the problems I have in my PIP application and MR, but I assume this isn't good enough?

I'll look into filing a complaint with Capita as it does seem like the assessor did such a poor job that the decision maker hasn't been able to come to the correct decision. Is there a guide on how to file a complaint?
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
6 days 56 minutes ago #290688 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP Decision - 0 Points on everything
Hello Pale Green Ghost,
I know just what you mean about not having anything additional to add to what you have already submitted. Do check through what the DWP have said in their responce to the MR - if they say anything of any substance you might wish to address that. If you have done a cracking good job on the MR there may not be anything more to add. I have sometimes been in that position and have my appeal submission is simply that we do not agree the points awarded for these particular evidence, and please see the attached copy of the MR submission for more details. (And I have gone on to win the appeal.)
Wishing you the right outcome,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wendy Woo, PaleGreenGhost, Anji

More
5 days 5 hours ago #290696 by KABTT
Replied by KABTT on topic PIP Decision - 0 Points on everything
I've had a complaint form through from IAS/Atos.

I emailed as Anji on the forum did to Capita but IAS ignored it so I had to pop to the library ( with pneumonia) to print up the email and attach it to the complaints booklet form, their booklet had just a page, not enough to detail a complaint in a pre tribunal way. I recorded the delivery so at least I know it's there as the admin processes of these offices aren't customer friendly. Good luck.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaleGreenGhost, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.