× Members

Assessment report received...

More
2 months 4 days ago #288231 by Anji
Assessment report received... was created by Anji
So, our HP assessment report is received and it is, as predicted, littered with inaccuracies, untruths and misinterpretations. There is no reference to the additional evidence we uploaded (screenshots of text support offered every single day, several times) or his psychological assessment.

The assessor has utterly misrepresented what was said. She said he told her he could prepare and cook a meal, had no problem buying fresh food or preparing it. This after we spent ages explaining how he could not do this. He NEVER cooks, he lives on reheated breaded chicken. His ADHD means he cannot plan more than a step or two at a time, follow a recipe, time food, use a kitchen... he just would not be able to do this.
She said he washes most days...we told her he went days, sometimes weeks, without washing.
She said he had no difficult choosing clean clothes, when we clearly stated he hardly ever changes. He wears the same clothes for days on end. She said he could chose appropriate clothing - we gave an example of him picking whatever he'd been wearing for days regardless of the weather, like a heavy coat when it is hot outside.
She said he can plan a journey!!!!! Oh my days....
She said he managed housework ok!

It is like she is reporting on a completely different assessment, it's crazy!

She was clearly not listening (she was typing as we spoke) and reported he undertook a 50 minute bus journey unaided - it is actually 15 minutes and he can only now do it unaided as it is really familiar. We hammered this home to her, that he could only do it because it was familiar and simple, and that I was on standby in case of unforeseen occurrences.

I am going to have to go through it page by page and point out the inaccuracies!! We did ask for it to be recorded, so hopefully they will have a recording of it if there is any dispute.

One question I have - they keep referring to a letter (hospital letter) from August 2023 stating his symptoms were manageable and had reduced below the threshold for diagnosis. I have no idea what letter they are referring to - can we ask for a copy? He has never been to the hospital for his ADHD. He received treatment through a private organisation, but I cannot imagine they said this, his symptoms have never reduced despite trying all the different medications.

Thanks...now on to addressing all these incorrect statements...joy!

Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 4 days ago #288244 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Assessment report received...
Hi Anji

I'm sorry the report turned out to be as bad as you were expecting. In the future - try to make a recording yourself - even if the DWP have agreed. Too many people are being told there was a problem with the recording. I hope yours comes through.

You can ask them for a copy of the letter, but they probably won't just send you a copy (that's if the letter exists) - you may need to put in a Freedom of Information Request, and I don't know how quickly they will action it. Ring first and see if you get a helpful call handler and see if they can see any letter on the system for that date so you're a little clearer who it is from.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 4 days ago #288250 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Assessment report received...
All I can do is send sympathy and strength to arm you for the task of deconstructing the report.
Just remember to keep the language coldly neutral, however hot your fury. So, they 'failed to record correctly' 'overlooked evidence supplied' or the like, never ever 'lied' however much that's just what they did do.
Best,
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

More
2 months 3 days ago #288261 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment report received...
A

Just to clarify.

It would be a Subject Access Request not a Freedom of Information Request.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Anji

More
2 months 3 days ago #288269 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Assessment report received...
Thanks, yes I have been very careful to say 'didn't appear to fully consider' and 'perhaps couldn't properly concentrate on what we said'.

We have located the source of the letter, it was from his ADHD clinic to his GP. They are going to write a supporting letter, so hopefully they will explain what they meant as this phrase seems to be the crux of their decision making and is trumping everything else.

Hey ho...I have now covered the 43 inaccuracies I found in the report and am ready to send the appeal off.

On another note, the assessor is a pharmacist, yet is apparently making psychologic assessments (he has no problem with working memory...!!)

Happy days! 😀
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 months 2 days ago #288279 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic Assessment report received...
I've been through the exact same thing with my Son. Bear with it all and keep fighting. Turn your anger into determination! Very good luck. X
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.