× Members

VIDEO ASSESSMENT

More
3 weeks 20 hours ago #289938 by Ms.Basset
Replied by Ms.Basset on topic VIDEO ASSESSMENT
OUTCOME:
I had to ring the DWP as hadn't heard back from them re:assessment. after x 2 failed attempts as the calls cut off after 30 minutes,I decided I'd try again yesterday. the letter was read out over the phone.

I am happy to say that I have retained my standard daily living and now have been awarded enhanced mobility (taken away in 2016).

I paid for and enrolled on the Benefits and work Claimants and carers online course to help with my latest assessment and thankfully learnt how to verbalize my issues etc better on my latest video assessment.
it definitely helped me even though I've been a member for many years, though I personally felt i needed that extra help to gain more understanding. Money well spent. Thank you Benefits and work.

Am i right in understanding that the payments will be from the decision date for payment and not backdated to when the review form was sent back over a year ago?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 20 hours ago #289939 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic VIDEO ASSESSMENT
Hi Ms Basset

Many congratulations on your improved PIP award - that is good to hear.

Regarding whether you will get any back payment, Recently, a member was told that it can vary from one decision-maker to another. So, I would ring and ask and push for the fact that you have been waiting for a year for the review to take place and for a decision to be made. The wait obviously is not your fault. It's worth trying, I think.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 20 hours ago #289941 by Ms.Basset
I think i will ask, though its so daunting. Is it really worth rocking the boat?

More
3 weeks 20 hours ago #289942 by BIS
Hi Ms Basset

It's not rocking the boat. All you are doing is calling to 'find out from what date you will be paid from" . If they say around now - just say that you had heard some people were being paid further back. The worst they can do is tell you that you have been misinformed. Asking the question won't have any impact on your agreed award.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 20 hours ago #289943 by Ms.Basset
yes, you are right, I'm going to do it.
Thank you all again, the advice and the course was invaluable and I am so glad I've been a member here all these years.

More
3 weeks 20 hours ago #289946 by BIS
Hi Ms Basset

I'm so glad that you found the course so useful - and that it paid dividends. Give yourself a big pat on the back - you were the one who did the work.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Ms.Basset

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.