× Members

Received a letter, changes in PIP law

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288558 by Liz
Hello

I've just received a letter from PIP telling me there was a change in the law and I may be owed some money?

It says they are looking at my claim from 6th April 2016 until 16th September 2020.

I was awarded standard daily during those years and then in September 2020 they awarded me enhanced.

It says about the support I needed to mix with people face to face.

I've never been able to mix with people on my own, my husband is the one that helps me, it's incredibly rare I can actually mix with people.

I never go out to parties or visiting family. It'd just be for medical problems and very early trips to Morrisons around the corner for a bit of shopping. Then I'd be at home.

I have agoraphobia, borderline personality disorder, depression and anxiety.

I'm not sure how I should word my responses in the little form they've sent me?
I also had a CPN. I have 2 nurses now.

Also it says they need the form back by 26th February 2024 but I just received it today and the date on the letter is 26th February 2024.

I'm hoping that's an over sight and I can still make this claim.

I'm wondering if I should even send the form back or not. Do you think it's worth it? Will they end up bothering me? I don't cope well with stress and this has made me nervous. I wasn't expecting to receive this letter.

Any help or advice on how to deal with this would be very helpful.

Thank you
Liz
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288582 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Received a letter, changes in PIP law
L

Only you can make a decision on this, what I can tell you is that the money owed could exceed £6000, the difference between the Standard rate of Daily Living and the Enhanced over a four-year period.

I would not expect the DWP to contact you for more information but I cannot guarantee that they won't.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, Liz

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288595 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Received a letter, changes in PIP law
It’s a lot of money to lose out on. I understand the worry of them coming for you, as they do not play fair. I’d go for it.

Thanks Liz, you’ve just given me another idea of challenging those 2 points that I lost
In my recent assessment, I’ve always got them but for whatever reason they took them from me this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liz

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288605 by Liz
Replied by Liz on topic Received a letter, changes in PIP law
I'll definitely get this filled in and sent off.

I'm happy to have helped you realise you might be able to get more points! Good luck :)

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288606 by Liz
Replied by Liz on topic Received a letter, changes in PIP law
Hello Gordon,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm just wondering if there are any guides on how to fill in these 5 questions?

That's a lot of money! I'm shocked and would be mad to not send it off. I'm useless with forms.

Thanks
Liz

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288618 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Received a letter, changes in PIP law
Hi Liz

There isn't a specific guide for those five questions - If you have the time - could you post what the five questions are.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.