× Members

Pip “what’s aids do you use “

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288632 by Patty
Can I kinesiology tape and heart rate apps be used as an ask ? The tape it used to try and help it so I can walk , the heart rate app I use for when I need to monitor my worse days .

Can I list crutches as an aid if I only use them around the house so I physically don’t need to put my foot down when the pains so bad ? Oesteoarthritis of my hind foot .
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #288656 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip “what’s aids do you use “
P

Yes, to all but rather than concentrating on what these aids allow you to do document what you can or cannot do without them.

Also, be aware of the following;

- the primary assessment criteria is the distance you can move (walk) after standing, you must address this first. Remember the reliability criteria apply to all of the PIP activities.

- Only one of the Moving Around Descriptors refers to the use of aids, the others will take no account of them.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.