× Members

Got the dreaded Text

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #288706 by Donna2512
Got the dreaded Text was created by Donna2512
Telephone assessment for PIP review for my d on the 20th. Actually dreading it as there seems to be a lot of instances where people are being denied at review largely through a lack of understanding around autism. I am her appointee so will be doing the assessment myself. Can someone point me in the direction of where to find the guides regarding a telephone assessment please? Can I also ask regarding preparing a meal? D has weekly OT, presently they are working on preparing a snack that she can make herself should I not be at home. This week it was toast. So OT helped d with the sequence of making toast,I helped d with finding the bread,I'd left the butter out to soften knowing how she struggles spreading butter and I pointed out where to get plate and which knives are best for butter. D put the bread in the toaster, when it popped up turned it round and put it down again. When it started smoking OT suggested she popped the toaster up because it was obviously burning, D reassured her it would pop up in a minute which thankfully it did. Had it not popped up and set on fire d would have run to her room and hidden as she does when she becomes overwhelmed and I would have come back to a toaster or kitchen on fire. Is it ok to use actual examples to illustrate why d isn't able to prepare a meal independently?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #288718 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Got the dreaded Text
Hi Donna2512

The Guide to PIP Claims and Reviews - pages 109 - 119 has information about telephone assessments.

Yes, use real examples. This clearly shows she needs supervision and does not have an understanding of the potential dangers.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.