× Members

12 week linking rule to New style ESA

More
1 month 1 week ago #289180 by ES Barnes
12 week linking rule to New style ESA was created by ES Barnes
Help please.
My son was on legacy esa and he took a job for 4 days which didn’t work out. I was told to put mandatory reconsideration in, fast forward 7 weeks with no money only DLA to live on I was then told to apply for ESA new style. He was accepted under the 12 week linking rule, I was then called by ESa to say he needed to claim UC for the housing element. I went to my MP who put a complaint in, the outcome wa so had asked to close ESA claim, lies. I challenged it.We received our first UC payment of 368 a month from 427 two weekly.
Now I have been phoned from job centre to say someone fromESA will ring me next week as claim is live.
My question is will he automatically go back in the support group, and do I send in the UC50 I have to send back by 2APril

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289210 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic 12 week linking rule to New style ESA
Hi ES Barnes

Thank you for your question, it is quite complex and we cannot give you an accurate answer as we do not have all the facts. We would advise you to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk where they can take all your son's circumstances into account.

Reading your post I would say that your son will have to go through the assessment phase as his NS ESA had stopped when he applied for UC. Therefore to answer your question I would say yes he needs to complete UC50, usually DWP do not grant extensions to complete the form.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.