× Members

PIP MR waiting times

More
1 month 1 week ago #289238 by dan123
PIP MR waiting times was created by dan123
Hi all,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up on the current PIP Mandatory Reconsideration waiting times.

So I sent my PIP MR off by recorded delivery last week and they signed for it last Tuesday but I hadn't received any text confirmation that they had received it so rang them today. Spoke to a nice chap who confirmed they had received it and sent me a text straight away confirming this. He said they are currently reviewing MR's that they received on the 15th of Jan. So about 9 weeks ago. This he advised me is how long it will be roughly before they look at mine. I live in Hampshire area but im not sure area makes a difference as I think (I may be wrong) all MR's in England for PIP are dealt with by Wolverhampton office. Apologies if this is incorrect.

Cheers

Dan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289242 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP MR waiting times
Hi dan,

Thank you for the update that you've supplied. Hopefully it will assist some other claimants.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 1 week ago #289271 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic PIP MR waiting times
We sent the form off for an MR on 26 Feb and received a text saying they would expect to look at it by 18 April, which is about 7 weeks. Although we are still waiting for a medical report to be sent in. We were very clear that we were waiting for this so hopefully they won't look at it until that has been received. The ADHD clinic said that they would complete it by end of March, so I am hopeful the DWP will have it before they do the MR.

We have sent so much evidence in, and repeated evidence the assessor did not appear to consider, however, having read everything from others, am not hopeful that we will get the result we are hoping for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo

More
1 month 6 days ago #289331 by dan123
Replied by dan123 on topic PIP MR waiting times
Anji,

Best of luck with your MR. On my initial assessment I was awarded standard mobility(happy with that) but nothing for DL.

I believe I am entitled to enhanced DL but would have accepted standard if they had given it me at the first stage. Because they didn't I am now going to settle for nothing less than enhanced so it will cost them more in the long run as long as I am eventually successful. If they come back at MR stage and offer me standard it will be a case of 'NO DEAL'.

The DWP need to realise that there are some of us that will not be bullied or intimidated by the process.

All the best

Dan
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo, Anji

More
1 month 6 days ago #289345 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic PIP MR waiting times
Best of luck to you too, Dan.

My son got 0 points across the board! Even by a conservative estimate he should get enhanced daily living and standard mobility. He can't cook, his brain just won't sequence the process and he really struggles to wash and keep clean, clean his room, wash his clothes as well as socially interact with people. And he could not plan a journey by himself, other that a very simple one. The assessor wrote a report that sounded like a completely different person and contained none of the examples we gave her and many, many inaccuracies.

Still...we fight on!! Let us know how you get on 😀

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.