× Members

Council tax

More
1 month 1 week ago #289249 by Richard
Council tax was created by Richard
Hi can anyone point me in the right( not sure if I can ask this question on here) , direction on advising someone on council tax support, they have just been sent a bill for 2024 /2025
They have to pay over 100 pounds a month now but they have always been exempt due to illness and unemployment, also awaiting a pip review as if that isn't stressful enough for him
There's no way they'll be able to pay so has the system changed. I know there's already local council tax support scheme taken off the bill which roughly brings it to half the total bill.
Surely this is another kick in the teeth for people with disabilities.

Thanks for the help 👍
Sorry for the question but I wasn't sure if I could post on here

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289251 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Council tax
Hi Richard

Your question you have posted is outside the remit of the forum.

You need to contact your friends local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk , they will be able to take all their circumstances into consideration when giving advice.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.