× Members

PIP Further Evidence-Consent

More
1 month 6 days ago #289314 by maryo
PIP Further Evidence-Consent was created by maryo
Dear All,

I recently discovered that PIP has written to my GP through an assessment service to request further medical evidence.
I have not consented for DWP or any outside services or agencies to access my personal data.
The GP said they had to complete the documentation even though it was against my wishes and I did not want my personal data shared.

Please can you advise further.

Thank you.

Marie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 6 days ago #289325 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Further Evidence-Consent
Hi maryo

I would raise this issue with your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk to see what complaint you can raise.
If I am not mistaken I believe that when you sign the PIP form you do consent for the DWP to gather further information.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 month 6 days ago #289328 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic PIP Further Evidence-Consent
You should contact the Information Commissioners Office about the data breach ico.org.uk/for-organisations/report-a-breach/. It would be the GP at fault for sharing the information without your express permission rather than DWP who asked for it. ICO are pretty useless to be fair and unlikely to do more than tell GP to do better next time.

More
1 month 6 days ago #289330 by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic PIP Further Evidence-Consent
Hi,

If that happened to me, I wouldn`t bother with welfare rights organisations, I`d be complaining to the surgery. If that doesn`t elicit a suitable response, I`d be taking it up with the Information Commissioners Office.

Andy

More
1 month 6 days ago #289335 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP Further Evidence-Consent
When you sign the PIP form you have the choice whether to give consent or not. If you choose not to, DWP have no right [I've only not shouted that in capitals to avoid upsetting accessibility software!] -no right- to contact them.
And the doctors should know better!!! Frankly I would not trust a doctor with my medical care that had such ignorance and or bad attitude towards me as the patient.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.