× Members

DWP not sending PA4

More
1 month 2 days ago #289482 by pipip
DWP not sending PA4 was created by pipip
Just hoping for some advice about how to get the PA4 form out of Dwp? My partner requested a review of his award last year due to a severe deterioration in his mobility (he now uses a wheelchair full time when out of the house) but the decision letter only gave him 4 points for mobility and didn't mention the wheelchair at all. We requested the PA4 form straight away but it didn't arrive. A few days before the MR deadline he rang up to chase and was told there was no record of him requesting it. He confirmed the MR by phone and rerequested the PA4 so that we could review it and submit additional evidence. A month on from that and it's still not here, so he's had to submit a letter challenging where he thinks the report is inaccurate based on the decision notice.
Is there anything we can do to get them to provide the report? It seems ludicrous that we've requested it twice and there's no sign of it - the cynic suggests they don't want us to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 days ago #289485 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic DWP not sending PA4
Hi pipip

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

We have heard from members where it has taken numerous telephone calls to get a copy of the assessors report, all we can suggest is to keep trying, you may want to get your MP involved if they are proactive.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: pipip

More
1 month 1 day ago #289494 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic DWP not sending PA4
I had to ring up loads for mine. They kept saying that they hadn’t got it, & to ring back again in a week or so. I requested they put a note on my file to say that when they did get it I wanted it sent immediately. The person I spoke to kept saying that I’d said that I wanted a note on my file to say that I was ringing back. After having to repeat myself thrice I told him to put me on to the manager. The manager then told me that my PA4 had only just come in, as it had been sent to audit. I asked her to put a note on my file to send it immediately, she did. It’s hard as we all know, but don’t let these people get you down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Chris, MDBond, pipip

More
1 month 7 hours ago #289568 by MDBond
Replied by MDBond on topic DWP not sending PA4
Hi Pip,

I also had this issue. I called and asked in writing for the PA4. They deliberately did not send it until a month after I'd filed my Tribunal appeal. They sent it with the bundle and only because they HAD to send all their documents at that point. So like you I had to do the MR and file my Tribunal appeal and file complaints, all without the PA4!

They even wrote in my MR that I had asked for the PA4 but they had not sent it because they decided to award me basic PIP in the MR and therefore I may not want the PA4 anymore. Infuriating when you just want to know where they have got (a huge amount) of false information from and exactly what they've written.

I have no idea how to force them to send this over but I fully agree with you, they don't want to send these over, especially when they know they've messed up! Keep on trying to get it out of them is all I can suggest. You deserve your PA4. Ultimately they may do what they did to me and not bother to send it until they send the Tribunal/appeal bundle.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.