× Members

PIP Re-Assessment to MR stage

More
1 month 20 minutes ago #289550 by Daisydream
PIP Re-Assessment to MR stage was created by Daisydream
I was re-assessed for PIP and I am currently in the
Mandatory Reconsideration stage.

Time-scale so far from receiving the review forms to now it has been approximately 20 months.

Also, to make other members aware of this situation, after sending my MR letter and supporting evidence by ‘Signed For’ delivery service the DWP had not even registered my MR until I phoned them 5 weeks later to enquire an update regarding status of my MR. (No explanation was given other than the DWP admitted it was their error).

My advice to other members would be, after sending documents to the DWP by ‘Signed For’ delivery service please also phoned them for confirmation.

I phoned DWP again this week and they have still not made a decision regarding my MR.
I would appreciate your advice regarding time-scale also with their error not registering my MR the day they signed for it.

Should I contact my MP and make them aware of the situation and maybe ask them to contact the DWP on my behalf?

Your advice would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks for your time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289554 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic PIP Re-Assessment to MR stage
Hi Daisydream,

My MP unfortunately told me that they're unable to get involved with benefits or matters of Finance relating to a form of Income. As to whether this is true or not, I don't know, but just thought I'd let you know. May be betting going down the route of Citizens Advice or Welfare Rights. Your local council can usually give you a number for Welfare Rights, depending on your area.

All you can do other than that is play the waiting game I'm afraid. My whole process first time round was close to 2 years, however I did get it backdated.

Hope this helps,

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.