× Members

Posting PIP form recommendation please

More
1 month 4 hours ago #289586 by ves
Hi,

Is it recommended/allowed to post the PIP form back and pay for First Class tracked postage (or similar)?
I feel uncomfortable about using the standard postage included on the envelope - so easy to get lost.

Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 minutes ago #289594 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Posting PIP form recommendation please
Hi ves

I always use Royal mail recorded delivery service, I know it costs to send it but it does give you peace of mind. I check on line the following day that the package has been delivered, I record the time , date and who signed of the package. I then contact DWP to make sure they have received the package and the data has been placed on the system.

Sometimes it is waiting in the depot to be put on the system and that is where it can go missing, once I know it is on the system I can then relax.

Sending it by recorded delivery does not stop any mishaps but at least you have proof it was sent and received. I have in the past had to send a copy of the form and supporting documents as they went missing but I could prove I had sent it, so make sure you keep a copy of all your supporting documents and the application form.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ves, C

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289603 by ves
Replied by ves on topic Posting PIP form recommendation please
Thanks for that Gary.
So when you say you call to ensure the data is entered onto the system, does that mean that they scan each page of the form, and the supporting evidence, so they have a digital file?
Is it this file that is then sent to the assessors? This will help me to understand how to attach additional pages.

I had planned to put a sentance at the top of the First Question section, to ask the person to please read the Additional Notes section first. Would you say this request is feasible - given that they have a digital file?

Many thanks for your input.
Ves
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289610 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Posting PIP form recommendation please
Hi ves,

Thats correct in relation to the digital files, and for the assessors to view, although in my experience, I find a lot of them don't even bother to read it before the assessment.
Also, if your case goes to courts, you are able to view and upload digital evidence too. You create an account using the reference number you're supplied with.

Regards, Chris

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ves, denby, C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.