× Members

How many DLA Assessments?

More
1 month 2 days ago #289724 by orfoster
How many DLA Assessments? was created by orfoster
Hey!

Love this site!

I’ve submitted a DLA claim for my daughter, it was received by DWP on 27 Feb, I’m curious to know if all new DLA claims have assessments? What %? I’m not worried about it at all but I see for PIP there are statistics but not for DLA.

Also, she’s 8 so I assume it’s the parent that attends by phone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 day ago #289734 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic How many DLA Assessments?
Hi orfoster

Yes, all DLA claims have assessments—but the assessments may be paper-based, telephone, video or face-to-face. So it is possible that you may just get a decision from them, e.g., a paper-based assessment has been carried out. Or they could contact you for additional information and then complete a paper-based assessment, or they could request one of the other types of assessments. I haven't seen any figures anywhere on which assessment type is used.

If it's a phone assessment - yes, you will speak on behalf of your daughter, but depending on her disability, it is possible that an assessor may want to speak to your daughter on a limited basis.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.