× Members

Disabled premium UC

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #289778 by Annie
Disabled premium UC was created by Annie
Hello,
Wonder if anyone can help. I’ve been on UC for couple of years (the group where they don’t contact you, your deemed not able to work, sorry I forgot the name of it.. if anyone can remind me? That be great thanks)
I got awarded PIP full daily & enhanced rate last year, nearly been a year now but I read I maybe entitled to disabled premium. I live on my own, I stay with my mum occasionally throughout the year when my health is particularly bad of she comes & stays with me for the odd week. My mum lives with her husband & he is retired and my mum does some volunteering.

Can anyone advise where I stand on whether I would be entitled to this? How much it is? & do they back date it?

I’m struggling to find out any information online that I can make sense of.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #289779 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Disabled premium UC
A

I'm afraid there are no Premiums available with UC, these only apply to what is now called legacy benefits which you can no longer apply for.

You either have

LCW - Limited Capability for Work

or

LCWRA - Limited Capability for Work Related Activity

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289808 by Annie
Replied by Annie on topic Disabled premium UC
Oh no so I can’t get anything extra anymore on UC that’s a shame.

I get housing benefit, UC pay for it. Does that count ? Although it is paid for by Universal credit?

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289812 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Disabled premium UC
Hi Annie,

Your rent is incorporated in with your UC award, so that you can pay your landlord. The only way you'll get extra money on UC is if you're put in the LCWRA group (what Gordon mentioned above) - To be eligible for this, you need to ask your workcoach for a UC50 form, but whilst you're waiting on this, you'll need to provide fitnotes for 3 months I believe mine was, before I was assessed. I matched for 15 points to get the LCWRA, but unfortunately, the courts tribunal rejected me (twice) and have kept me in the LCW group, in which you don't get anything extra.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.