× Members

Text out of the blue for WCA next week

• Donna2512
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
3 weeks 6 days ago #289782 by Donna2512
Text out of the blue for WCA next week was created by Donna2512
Will have to telephone tomorrow but exh had a reminder today for a WCA next week. Slightly complicated as he has ESA as he has blood cancer and is on chemo indefinitely. Then he is appointee for our son who is autistic. Of course there is no name on the reminder but there hasn't been a letter regarding this appointment and we have had no ESA50 to fill in either.
Exh last filled one in about a year ago but seems to remember that he had a letter confirming LWCRA some weeks after as you would expect because of the chemo. I last filled one in for son before lockdown indeed son's assessment was due the day of lockdown and was cancelled.
Can you be called for WCA without having filled in the ESA50? Would they use the one for son that was filled in more than four years ago?
The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289790 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Text out of the blue for WCA next week
D

There is no legal requirement for an ESA50 to be issued, in the vast majority one is but we do hear members report the same situation as your husband.

If he is currently receiving Chemotherapy then he should automatically qualify for the Support Group.

I recommend he contacts the Assessment Provider to make sure that they are aware of this as there should be no need for a WCA although they will likely want to contact his GP to confirm his treatment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512, UB40 Rumrunner

• Donna2512
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289793 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic Text out of the blue for WCA next week
Thank you, mystery solved it's for my son so at least we know who it's for now. Rearranged for a couple of weeks so that we can prepare. Hopefully whoever deals with it will recognise that somebody unable to speak and needing an adult with them at all times even though almost thirty havs very little capability for work.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289804 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Text out of the blue for WCA next week
HI Donna2512

I'm glad you have it sorted. I hope it is a good experience, but please ensure the call is recorded. I also hope you get an understanding assessor—but don't expect it. Their ignorance can be quite astonishing. (Apologies to the good assessors out there who might read this post—because there are some who are kind, understanding, and wholly professional.)

Good luck to you both.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512, UB40 Rumrunner

• Donna2512
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 week 1 day ago #290497 by Donna2512
Replied by Donna2512 on topic Text out of the blue for WCA next week
So WCA went ahead, no idea of the outcome yet of course but it was pretty painless. Assessor seemed to have some sort of grasp of the difficulties son faces at least. After the assessment by a physio who decided no needs I'm always grateful for that.
A lot of empahsis was made about age of diagnosis and professionals involved in the diagnosis and it was the same for my daughter for PIP assessment. I'm wondering whether, because of the huge increases in ND diagnoses and private assessments DWP are looking to determine severity and level of needs by focussing on age and method of diagnosis. This seems unfair to me as son and daughter got early diagnoses largely down to them having older siblings and me being persitent that they should see a paediatrician.
Son was diagnsed 27 years ago and daughter 19 so it seemed that a disproportionate amout of time was taken up on something so far in the past. In fact for son they barely touched on the present at all deciding they had enough information reasonably early on.

More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 1 day ago #290509 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Text out of the blue for WCA next week
Hi Donna2512

So glad to hear that it was 'relatively painless', and I hope it won't be too long before you get the outcome you need. You've had more than enough stress already.

BIS

Last edit: 1 week 1 day ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Donna2512, C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.