× Members

It is possible - success at Mandatory Reconsideration UC

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289783 by HJ
Hi,

I just wanted to share some good news - today I was the one in seven to get a result changed at mandatory reconsideration - successfully getting my Brother in Law's decsion for UC changed - from scoring 0 points to being placed in the LCWRA group.

I read and re-read and used the guidelines within the guides on here. I referenced every point I made with evidence just like writing an essay. I numbered the whole thing from start to finish 1of 39, 2 of 39 etc so they couldn't accidently lose a page or two.

It took me hours upon hours to compile it.

I uploaded via his journal, posted both normal post and Special delivery - so there was no way they could say it wasn't received.

One thing I will say though is if you think you may need extra medical information apply ASAP in case you need to appeal - as after 6 weeks I've still received nothing from either of the hospitals - who say they have a backlog. DVLA did manage to respond within the given 30 days for an SAR request.

Good luck everyone, it is possible :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, KABTT , ivyfox, Sheila 966, LL26, Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289791 by Gordon
HJ

Many congratulations to you and your Brother-in-Law, well done/

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @ESA @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji, HJ

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289795 by Anji
Hi HJ

That is so good to hear!! I'm so pleased for you and your brother-in-law. I am in the process of waiting for a MR on my son's PIP application. I followed the same process as you, went through everything with a fine tooth comb and addressed each error carefully.

Funnily enough, we had a lovely assessor for LCWRA and he was very understanding about my son's difficulties and really seemed to want to understand how his ADHD affected him. On the contrary, the PIP assessor was rushed, did not appear to want to listen, had clearly made her mind up beforehand, and she had not read any of our evidence.

All this leads me to conclude that the quality of the assessor you get is one of the most important things, and tbh this should not vary and should not be the case.

It has given me hope that you have successfully appealed so thank you so much for sharing that. We, also are awaiting some medical evidence from my son's ADHD clinic, however, they are very backlogged and I am extremely anxious that they get the letter completed prior to DWP doing the MR.

Once again, thanks. These stories of success are a joy to read and spur the rest of us on to keep fighting!!
Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , LL26, HJ

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289799 by LL26
Hi HJ,
Well done on your result. It is always great to hear good news stories- these always help to encourage others to continue to pursue their own claims.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner, HJ

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289813 by Bud
Congrats to you both!

I went from 0-10 points upon MR a few years ago. After years of losing out on an enhanced award I went to the tribunal to get the extra 2 points, & was successful.

This time, as I expected I lost my enhanced award as they dropped me back down to standard. I’m trying to remain positive for the MR, but I suspect I’ll end up at the tribunal again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , UB40 Rumrunner, HJ

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.