× Members

changes in esa rates?

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #289801 by andyc1967
changes in esa rates? was created by andyc1967
hello everyone, I wonder if anyone can help me with this change in my IR ESA benefit rates. On the 6th of March I received a letter from DWP stating I will be awarded the enhanced disability premium and severe disability premium giving me more money which is welcome. In the letter it stated that the first payment will be arrears from 29th february to 6th march of £76.40. Am I owed more backdated money? It claims the conditions to get these extra benefits are to be living on your own ,no carer , and be awarded PIP. I have been waiting for a PIP review since july 2023 and on the 29th of february they sent me a letter saying my PIP award has been extended up to 23rd of march 2025. I have been on my own since 2012 and claimed PIP daily living lower rate since 2018 and have never had a carer so why have I suddenly been eligible for these two extra benefits? regards Andrew

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #289816 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic changes in esa rates?
a

The extra money should be paid from the first date that all of the following applied.

- You were receiving IR ESA
- You had a PIP Daily Living award.
- You were living alone or considered to be living alone.
- No one was claiming Carers Allowance against your PIP award.

you say that you have been waiting for a PIP review since July 2023.

Do you mean that you expected a review in July 2023 but one has not been started or that the review started in July 2023 but a Decision has not yet been made?

Have there been any changes to your ESA claim recently?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #289823 by andyc1967
Replied by andyc1967 on topic changes in esa rates?
Hello Gordon
Thank you for replying. I have been claiming PIP since I was migrated over from DLA. I believe that was 2018. I was awarded daily living at the lower rate. The review in July 2023 was an award review form which I completed and sent back. I’m still waiting for the DWP to get back to me. I keep getting texts and letters saying my pip review has not yet been completed. In march this year a letter said my review had been postponed until march 2025.
In terms of my IRESA benefit all I received was a letter saying my ESA had been looked at again following a recent change. I don’t know what has changed other than my pip review was postponed. I have not had to fill out a new ESA50 form and have not reported any changes around the date of the letter.

Andy

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #289838 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic changes in esa rates?
a

My best guess is that a Decision on your PIP has been made and it is this that has triggered a re-evaluation of your payments.

Based on the information that you have provided I can't see any reason why the Premiums are not payable from an earlier date.

You need to contact the DWP about this, they may counter that you had not previously informed them of your PIP and ESA awards, my counter to that would be that you should not have to inform the DWP of matters that they would reasonably have known about at the time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #289929 by andyc1967
Thank you Gordon for the advice. I telephoned the DWP and they said they would phone me back in 3 days.
Andy

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #289969 by andyc1967
Hello Gordon
I have just received a phone from the DWP and they have told me my disability premium benefit will be backdated to 2017.It is a large amount and I would like to ask will it affect my IRESA and PIP benefits? It is above the £6000 capital limit.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.