× Members

Pension Credit Review letter

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #289819 by justme
Pension Credit Review letter was created by justme
I have received a letter from the DWP saying they want to review my Pension Credit and may phone me or will send a form very soon for me to complete to make sure I am getting the right amount of Guaranteed Pension credit.

I have received the Guaranteed Pension Credit for 3 years now and I have never heard of this Pension Credit review check letter before.

Is this a normal routine? My circumstances haven't changed and I wondered what might have triggered this off.

Unless it is this.
Last month I became a bank signatory name (of three named people) on a bank account for a tenants social fund for the pensioners who live in the same sheltered accommodation as I do.
This is a non profit account where we try to raise funds in the bank to improve the communal gardens and create events etc, for the benefit and wellbeing of all the pensioner tenants who live there.

I am wondering if this will affect my Pension Credit, even though it isn't my money.

TIA.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #289833 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pension Credit Review letter
j

This may well be the cause of the letter.

Are you able to withdraw money from the Fund without a co-signature? Are there written terms of operation that you and the other signatures must conform to?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: justme

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #289837 by justme
Replied by justme on topic Pension Credit Review letter
Can't withdraw money from the Fund without two signatures

Although it only takes one person to pay for something by bank transfer

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #289846 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pension Credit Review letter
jm

They will likely be asking you about this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 days 5 hours ago #290684 by zaib
Replied by zaib on topic Pension Credit Review letter
I received a similar letter last week . I am waiting for some forms they told me to complete for a review as the letter said it has been a while.
I think it could be something mandatory after a while to update their systems .Though 2 years ago I was asked to complete a form PC 10 about circumstances of who I lived with. Information submitted by me was accepted for the benefit unchanged. I don't know what forms I'll receive now . I can request for advice please when I get these forms .

More
3 days 2 hours ago #290700 by zaib
Replied by zaib on topic Pension Credit Review letter

I have received a letter from the DWP saying they want to review my Pension Credit and may phone me or will send a form very soon for me to complete to make sure I am getting the right amount of Guaranteed Pension credit. I have received the Guaranteed Pension Credit for 3 years now and I have never heard of this Pension Credit review check letter before. Is this a normal routine? My circumstances haven't changed and I wondered what might have triggered this off. Unless it is this. Last month I became a bank signatory name (of three named people) on a bank account for a tenants social fund for the pensioners who live in the same sheltered accommodation as I do. This is a non profit account where we try to raise funds in the bank to improve the communal gardens and create events etc, for the benefit and wellbeing of all the pensioner tenants who live there. I am wondering if this will affect my Pension Credit, even though it isn't my money. TIA.

Hi
Any update?

Kind regards
Zaib

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.