× Members

Dla and travel

More
1 month 1 week ago #289831 by Jillyb1974
Dla and travel was created by Jillyb1974
I was wondering if anyone knows the hard and fast rule regarding travel abroad when on dla. My son has high rate care and we have been bought a ticket to go and visit relatives for 5 weeks in the summer holidays. This will be the first time we’ve been way in 8 years as it’s very hard work on my own with him so being invited to stay with relatives make it achievable. I have just noticed in his award that I need to inform them if we re going away . I am now worried that this will have an impact on my benefits and I will have to start the process all over again. I just wanted some advice from someone who may have experienced this before I contact dla or universal credits. I may even have to pay to amend the travel dates if it is going to be cheaper and less stressful than going for the full 5 weeks. The whole situation is making me quite anxious. I tried to call citizens advice on a number of accessions but m on hold for nearly 2 hours. Googling it hasn’t helped as the information is very conflicting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 1 week ago #289845 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla and travel
J

It is 13 weeks for DLA.

www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/disability-benefits

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris