× Members

Dla and travel

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #289831 by Jillyb1974
Dla and travel was created by Jillyb1974
I was wondering if anyone knows the hard and fast rule regarding travel abroad when on dla. My son has high rate care and we have been bought a ticket to go and visit relatives for 5 weeks in the summer holidays. This will be the first time we’ve been way in 8 years as it’s very hard work on my own with him so being invited to stay with relatives make it achievable. I have just noticed in his award that I need to inform them if we re going away . I am now worried that this will have an impact on my benefits and I will have to start the process all over again. I just wanted some advice from someone who may have experienced this before I contact dla or universal credits. I may even have to pay to amend the travel dates if it is going to be cheaper and less stressful than going for the full 5 weeks. The whole situation is making me quite anxious. I tried to call citizens advice on a number of accessions but m on hold for nearly 2 hours. Googling it hasn’t helped as the information is very conflicting

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #289845 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Dla and travel
J

It is 13 weeks for DLA.

www.gov.uk/claim-benefits-abroad/disability-benefits

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.