× Members

Contribution Based ESA & PIP

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #289847 by Maxine B
Contribution Based ESA & PIP was created by Maxine B
Hello
I’ve been awarded the enhanced daily living element of PIP but I still haven’t received a decision on my Work Capability Assessment following my telephone assessment in March. I rang the DWP to tell them and they said it didn’t make any difference to my ESA. Is there no enhanced disability payment with contributions based ESA and what happens after 12 months , will it stop altogether and become means tested? Thank you in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #289848 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contribution Based ESA & PIP
M

From your post you are receiving New Style ESA, this is a Contribution Only benefit there is no Income Related component, for this you would need to claim UC as well but be aware whilst your NS ESA will remain in payment it will be deducted £ for £ from any UC that is payable.

If you are awarded Limited Capability for Work on your ESA then it will remain in payment for 365 days from the date you made the claim, to confirm, it will not turn into IR ESA at the end of this period.

If you are awarded Limited Capability for Work Related Activity then the count will be reset to zero and the time you spend in the LCWRA will not count towards the 365 days, in principle it will be an indefinite award punctuated with regular assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #289852 by Maxine B
Replied by Maxine B on topic Contribution Based ESA & PIP
Thank you Gordon. Yes I am claiming New Style Contributions Based ESA. I’m still a bit confused though! Are you saying that if I am placed in the LCWRA group my contributions based ESA will continue indefinitely ? And if not it will continue for 12 months only.
I’m assuming that getting enhanced daily living on PIP makes no difference to that LCWRA decision, I could still be considered fit for work and in order to claim any disability premium I would need to claim UC as well? If UC is means tested I definitely won’t be entitled to anything . Just wanted to say thank you for all the support and help on this site, I used your guide to apply for PIP . I was awarded it without any lengthy assessments, just a 20 minute phone call out of the blue from the DWP . Very relieved and grateful. I have never claimed anything before, the guidance on this site made the process much easier. Many thanks

M.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #289865 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contribution Based ESA & PIP
M

Yes, that is correct with the exception that you will not be found Fit for Work at the end of the 365 days, you will just won't be entitled to payment of your NS ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #289867 by Maxine B
Replied by Maxine B on topic Contribution Based ESA & PIP
Thank you Gordon. I will wait and see what happens. I appreciate your quick reply.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.