× Members

PIP claimant Bipolar recent SMI disregard form from local council

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #289872 by Mhgalea
Hi all,

Bipolar with psychosis, and ADHD PIP claimant here. (Enhanced Daily living and Standard Mobility)

I was awarded last year, but the award is only for three years.

A few months ago I was approved with a severe mental Impairment (Smi) disregard from my local council, with my Psychiatrist signing the form as stating that my impairment is Permanent, and has been a permanent impairment since 2012.

I’m also aware that due to my treatment history, this detail along with with my award seems not my qualifies me for the new Severe Disablement Group.

I’ve rang PIP and they’ve asked me to send a copy of the SMI disregard form I sent to my local council.

Any ideas as to what I should ask my carer to put in the covering letter?

Thanks all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #289873 by Gordon
M

Forgive me but I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, a higher award, a longer one?

Plus, there is no Severe Disablement Group and won't be until at least 2025 and maybe not even then.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.