× Members

I still waiting for my PIP renewal, 9 months after returning my forms…

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #289935 by Angela Foxcroft
I filled in and returned my PIP forms in July 2023 and I’m still waiting to hear the results. I received the form in July, although it was different to the normal form we have to fill in, more of a “have things changed “ form.

Anyway I promptly filled it in adding more info where required and sent it off to DWP. They must have received it as my payments haven’t stopped but I’ve not heard anything back from them at all. My blue badge is due for renewal in July, they have messaged me to reapply asap, as that’s when my extension officially ends. I should say my current claim was extended in 2022 because of an overload of applications.

I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and is there anything I should be doing to prompt the DWP to let me know if I’m having an assessment or are they just going to extend my current claim again, I’m worried it might all just stop in July.

Thank you
Angela x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #289944 by BIS
Hi Foxcroft

I'm afraid there are many people in your position. I would call the DWP and see if there is any update on the status of your claim. Explain about the need to renew your Blue Badge. A lot of other people have been in the same position. Mostly, the DWP haven't been that helpful, but a couple of members were able to get a letter saying their PIP would be extended, which they then used for their Blue Badge application. You have nothing to lose by trying.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela Foxcroft, C

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #289947 by Angela Foxcroft
Thank you BIS I will try again, last time I called they put the phone down as soon as they answered…

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #289967 by River
Hi Angela, I was in a similar boat but with me it took 11 months to have an assessment - I put in the review claim in April 2023 and finally had the assessment in March 2024.

I was able to get my blue badge renewed for a year when it was due to run out, because I was sent a letter saying PIP would continue to be paid me for either one year or until a decision is made. I'd agree you should try to get this from the DWP.

But I think you can also apply for a blue badge on the basis of your condition, using medical letters or whatever other evidence. It's not as automatic as if you are officially getting PIP but depending on your condition I would think it's still possible.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #289981 by Angela Foxcroft
Thank you River I appreciate you taking the time to reply. I’ll take a look at the blue badge app tomorrow, it’s been a long time since I’ve had to fill in the alternative forms but I’ll have a go, I’ve nothing to lose.

It amazes me how quickly some people get a decision and others like us have to wait months, my neighbour is a prime example, it took just 3 months from making his claim to getting the decision without having to have an assessment, he did however have help from a mental health charity which appears to have sped things up some what.

Anyway I’ll let you know how I get on. Again thank you for your advice.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #289998 by C
I'm 14 months post sending back my review form, it's a frustratingly long time to wait. Sending you solidarity - fingers crossed we both get a result soon!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.