× Members

LCWRA

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #289979 by RIA
LCWRA was created by RIA
I have been on this disability for a couple of years now, since losing my mum. I suffer from depression, anxiety, OCD, have been seeing a Psychotherapist to help me with my loss, and the fact I no longer have the mental capability to see friends. I am only just existing on a daily basis, and not surviving as a usual individual would do.

My previous upbeat, demeanour who would be the centre of attention has depleted into a bag of 'useless'.

I also have a deviated spine issue which has been present for many years, and causes me daily pain. I applied for PIP, but when I looked at my Patient Access form, it clearly showed that PIP only asked my Dr for issues relating to my mental health and nothing to do with my on-going pain and skeletal issues.
PIP paid my Dr £38.00 for the details, despite me posting my x-ray results, my hospital diagnosis reports relating to my severe shoulder arthritis due to a bad fall, etc, etc.
I have a deviated spine which was evidenced nearly 20 years ago. I have had treatment for my spine for many years now and my Chiropractor told me that, if I had not appointed to see a Chiropractor, I would be in a wheel-chair now.

PIP told me that as I already receive Disability for my mental health issues, I am not eligible for the other, more serious issues that cause me pain on a daily basis.
Any help or advice would be most appreciated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maxine B

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #289985 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic LCWRA
Hi RIA

Ignore what you have been told, as it is not correct.

PIP isn't based on specific conditions, it is based on how the symptoms you have affect your daily living and your mobility as per the specific PIP criteria.

You need to show that you are affected for the majority of the time. So are you in pain for four out of seven days and what does that pain affect you from doing? Does it affect your mobility or your ability to cook, dress yourself etc. The same applies for your depression, you need to look at each question and state what impact it has.

We have a very comprehensive PIP guide. If you look through that, it will give you some idea of how you might answer questions.

benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, RIA

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #289990 by RIA
Replied by RIA on topic LCWRA
Thank you so much, Gary.
During my interview with PIP, I did relay that I use a shoulder strap, have a deviated spine that has caused me daily pain for many years now. Along with my car accident and bad fall.
PIP were not interested.
I did address on my PIP form that I was already in receipt of LWRCA; they dismissed everything else.
I was in a poor mental state to even fight their decision.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.