× Members

PIP Application question

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #290032 by ves
PIP Application question was created by ves
Hi,
I sent in my paper PIP form (First Class post & Signed For). Before I could check Post Office Tracking, I received a text stating they had received the form. I had read here on the forum that I should wait around 48hrs, then ring to ask if it had been scanned into the system. But - before I had waited for the 48 hrs I have just received a text from 'Independent Assessment Services' to let me know they are handling my PIP assessment.

My question is: Does this mean my form was successfully scanned into the system and been allocated to an assessor? Therefore I don't need to ring DWP to check it's in the system? Is there anything I should know about the above company?
Seems like swift process so far. All within 48hrs.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #290034 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Application question
Hi ves

From what you have posted, your application seems to have been fast tracked, some regions are much quicker than others, your region seems to be super quick.

All I would say for now is do not delete the messages you have received as you may need them at a later date.

At your next stage you will be notified of an assessment either phone, video, face to face or paper.

So far your claim has been the quickest I have seen for quite sometime.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ves

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #290036 by denby
Replied by denby on topic PIP Application question
Hi ves, don't forget when sent you assessment appointment, to politely [but do not let them put you off] ask for your assessment to be recorded. If that means waiting longer, so be it. Never take an assessment unrecorded, and arrange to do your own 'secret' one alongside as backup. If they are to be believed their equipment is surprisingly unreliable...
best, Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: ves

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.