× Members

Universal credit and self employed income

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290052 by Jane52
Hello

Due to transition from tax credits to universal credit on 20th May; am self employed. I am assuming DWP will look at my income , expenses, pension contributions from 20th May, monthly Does anyone know if this is correct? I receive a tax credit payment a few days beforehand. I am understanding the two to be separate.
Needing clarification of above to work out timing of money I pay into pension from earnings, minus expenses.
Also does anyone know UC amount that is relevent to get support with NHS dental treatment

Thank you for your help

Jane

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290058 by Gary
Hi Jane

Your question is outside the remit of the forum, being self employed and claiming UC can be quite complex as the minimum income floor comes into play, we would advise you to seek help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk the following link may give you some information; www.gov.uk/self-employment-and-universal-credit.

In regard to help with NHS costs and claiming UC, you may find this link useful; www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/help-with-health...ng-universal-credit/

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.