× Members

Medical evidence

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290076 by Lisa
Medical evidence was created by Lisa
Hi all,

After recently losing my appeal I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem as me.

As part of the reasoning they said my doctor had only repeated what I had said to him...for example my Dr letter repeatedly said 'she states she has problems with this and she states she has problems with that.'

Did anyone else's dr letter take this form?

I'm going to reapply (pip) using your guides but wonder whether it's worth spending another £20 on a doctors letter which is pretty useless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 16 hours ago #290106 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Medical evidence
L

Whilst some conditions lead directly to limitations that relate to the PIP activities, many don't so as an example; how would your doctor know about problems with preparing and cooking a meal without your telling them?

So, the question becomes, are the problems you told your GP credible?

I would argue that a GP is implicitly agreeing with you if they include your comment in an official document. If they don't then they should omit the statement or qualify it in some way.

However, as you have found this may not be sufficient.

Perhaps you could ask the GP to certify that they believe your limitations are reasonable based on your conditions and their observations of you at appointments.

After all, you are paying for the letter, it is reasonable that you set the standard to which it is produced, if the doctor i not willing to conform, then perhaps the letter will not be worth having.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 week 5 days ago #290242 by ravenmiss
Replied by ravenmiss on topic Medical evidence
I feel you, this is what my GP did when I asked for a letter for my tribunal (which I lost). Even when I asked her to confirm that I had mentioned issues with the PIP activities in several appointments over many years, and several GPs have agreed and understood that it is reasonable that my conditions create those issues. Sadly it leaves me with old and somewhat outdated "evidence".

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.