× Members

If I tell PIP I have worsened, is it likely to get a face to face review?

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290091 by VIA
Dear fellow members and moderators,

A few years back for PIP I got standard rate for daily living and enhanced rate for mobility.
I did a mandatory reconsideration but I still got 2 points instead of the 8 points I was hoping for for not being able to prepare and cook food and remained on the standard rate for daily living.

This last half year, it is catastrophic.
I have had mri’s, Xray’s, CT scan and it is clear my health conditions are worsening and I have been diagnosed with disabling new ones.

I understand why with spinal canal stenosis recently diagnosed among other things I cannot stand for 1 minute or seconds, let alone to prepare and cook food!

My intend would be to have my 2 points on preparing and cook food changed hopefully to 8 points for the same, and with the other few points I have, that would take me to 12 points for the enhanced daily living.
I believe I even had spinal canal stenosis, pinched nerves etc but I was not diagnosed and the officer making a decision said I could use aids.

Does anyone know if I tell PIP my health conditions have worsened:
1- if pip is going to ask me to write them a letter or fill in their form again?
2- but most of all if it is likely I will be given a face to face assessment?
as having a face to face is what worries me most.
3- is there a risk of losing my pip award,
or would the risk be that it remains the same as it is now?

Many thanks for your input.

I appreciate it.
Best wishes!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 5 hours ago #290120 by Gordon
VIA

To try and answer your questions.

1. Yes, you will have to complete a new AR1 form

2. You will almost certainly have an assessment of some kind.

3. It would be unusual for an award in these circumstances to be reduced or even removed but it is not impossible that this could happen.

Be aware, the level of disability expected for a claimant to be considered as being unable to prepare and cook food is very high, the obvious question is how do you manage now, the expectation will be that on the majority of days, someone else has to do this for you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
1 week 6 days ago #290166 by VIA
Dear fellow members and moderators,

For PIP have always tried to get the maximum 8 points for pip for preparing and cooking food and always got 2 points.
However back then I did not have osteoarthritis of my fingers (with shooting pain), osteoarthritis of the shoulders together with rotator cuff issues.

As a possible encouragement, does anyone know of somebody who was successful in getting 8 points for preparing and cooking with arthritis of the fingers and rotator cuff and ostearthritis of the shoulders or similar??

When I tried to get 8 points for that PIP activity, this based on multiple health problems due to being in pain all the time, having problem sitting, standing and walking and being in pain, having multiple advanced osteoarthiritis of bilateral hips, knees, feet, some arthritis of the back and slipped disk (and this before I was diagnosed with spinal canal stenosis, nerves pinched etc) I was always given 2 points for aids even on mandatory reconsideration.

Thank you very much

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.