× Members

Backpayment for PIP when on IVA, Dept Management took all

More
2 weeks 9 hours ago #290131 by Polly S
for PIP when on IVA, Dept Management took all Hi all, I have been recently awarded the enchanted rate for Daily Living and Mobility with a backpayment from last summer. Didn't receive the money in my bank account and after 1 months I called PIP, the agent told me to wait for the letter and advise me all is fine, to not worry. 3 weeks later ( today) , i I called again, 17 unsuccessful attempts to connect, 2 disconnects just after verification and finally after 1h and 20 minutes someone answered me. The agent transferred the call to someone else and they told me that Dept Management took all for my previous dept. Firstly, the Dept was included in my IVA, Second - don't think that I own £3000 to DWP Third - no-one informed me, not PIP, nor DWP I needed the money for advance payment for a motability car - mine is due for a MOT and to pass it would need a lot of money to service, Plus my new car insurance would be 3 × higher than now, so the logical thing is - motability car. Just now contacted Dept Management and after 15 minutes only!!! Very friendly agent answered me and told me that they REFUSED the money because of the IVA!!!! This happened on the 6th of March!!! Was advised to call back PIP to ask for my money... What is happening? Is this rude agent even know what is to wait for hours on the phone, till you can't hear and your ears are ringing? Or the problem was that their working time was finish? They answered around 4.50pm... Shame on her, and anyone like her!!! Sorry for the rumbling, needed to take it out and try to prepare for the new fight tomorrow. Hopefully will be able, hopefully my anger will keep up the adrenaline rush and the anxiety will not cause a flare up. If anyone has any advice for me for the tomorrow war with PIP, please share!!! And thanks for reading

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 9 hours ago #290133 by BIS
Hi Polly S

I'm sorry that you find yourself in this position. I'm afraid that IVA's are outside the remit of this forum and therefore I can't give you any advice.

Clearly, you should have been informed of what was going on, and you can complain that you weren't - but they will probably say that a letter was sent out and has got lost in the post. I am surprised that they took all the back payment in one go. Whether you can get any of your money back will depend on what that original agreement says. I wish you the best of luck with your call tomorrow.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.