× Members

Varying PIP postal addresses for submitting additional medical info

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290395 by Sam
Hi everyone,

I'm about to complete my Pip application online but the tab for 'submit additional evidence' doesn't seem to be working. I called the PIP helpline and they advised me to send all my medical letters to the following address:

Personal Independence Payment 4 Mail Handling

Site B

Wolverhampton

WV99 1AA

However, after looking online, I have discovered a number of variations on this postal address, even on the Gov.Uk page www.gov.uk/disability-benefits-helpline it says:

Personal Independence Payment
Post Handling Site B
Wolverhampton
WV99 1AH

What's more, I've seen other slightly different postcodes for this postal address and differing letters for which site it is.

If anyone has any advice about this I'd be really grateful. I'm submitting a lot of medical information from key consultants so really keen for it to be received.

Best wishes,

Sam
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290396 by Catherine
Hello Sam,
Thank you for highlighting to our members that it is possible to send in additional evidence after you have submitted your form!
The address which I use is
Freepost
RTEU-HBEC-RGTG
Personal Independence Payment 1
Mail Handling Site A
Wolverhampton
WV98 1AA.
I have never had any problems with that one. You may well wish to send it recorded delivery, in which case it will no longer be free!
Remember though to only send copies of original documentation so that if it does go astray you can resubmit it. Also, make sure that you include a short covering letter saying that the documents are in support of your PIP application / review, and include your name and NI number on each piece of paper.
On one occasion when I thought that the documentation was exceptionally important to the claim I supported the claimant in ringing PIP to check that they had received it.
Wishing you success in your application,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, KABTT

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290399 by C
I actually have some info about this! Royal Mail have a contract with DWP to gather and store their PIP post at the big post sorting centre in Wolverhampton. I'm autistic and love the postal system, so asked Royal Mail if I could have a look around the sorting centre - they said yes, and I actually saw the DWP room. Small room full of pallets of post to the DWP regarding PIP, all clingfilmed up to prevent tampering until the DWP take it.

So my conclusion is - both of those addresses are likely to succeed, since they're both going to the sorting centre in Wolverhampton and will be spat out by the sorting machines to be put in the special PIP room. You should be fine regardless <3
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, KABTT , Catherine, Wendy Woo

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290400 by Bud
Thanks Sam, I had a letter with that one on it yesterday, but I thought it was an old address.

Thanks for the freepost Catherine., I’ll make a note of that.

I sent 2 off this morning. 1st class cost me nearly £4.

I’ve been using

Personal Independence Payment 2
Mail Handling Site A
Wolverhampton
WV98 1AB
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.