× Members

Letting Independent Assessment Services and Capita collect evidence

More
1 week 6 days ago #290397 by jackslad
Hello
Surely this information in the PIP guide is now not true as I can go on the NHS app and see if somebody has requested information?
Keep up the good work.

So, if you let Independent Assessment Services and Capita collect the evidence, you will not know
before you attend your assessment whether your chosen health professionals have been asked for,
and have provided, evidence. You will also not know if they were asked the right questions to get
detailed answers relevant to your claim
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290406 by Catherine
Hello jackslad,
You certainly look at details - well spotted!
Speaking for myself, if I go onto my GP records there is no information about whether or not anyone has requested details. I have never accessed the NHS App, beyond covid linked activities.
It will be interesting to see the experience of other members.
Thank you for pointing this out,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , C

More
1 week 6 days ago #290409 by C
Mine has a scan of the factual report my GP filled in for me, but not the one a different healthcare team filled in for me - I think it very much depends on who they request information from, how much information your personal NHS record has on it (it varies wildly!), and how good your healthcare workers are at keeping things scanned and up to date.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290423 by denby
I'm worried looking at my no-change MR, as they mention considering evidence from my GP. Maybe they just mean the old record showing the painkillers I was prescribed during covid, which I had to stop taking due to side effects. I included this to show why I am not on them now, as have been disbelieved about pain. But now I wonder if they also contacted them. So now I need to get into the ivory tower that is my GP to check, as nothing shows on the record I can see online. Sigh.
I'm jolly well appealing anyway. It's my body, I don't have to swallow pills just to prove a point to a deliberately obtuse assessor and decision maker if I would rather live with the pain most of the time. [And as advised by one great NHS MSK guy, use voltarol gel, not pills, when I must]. I want to have something in reserve for if I need them when I'm older still. And I told the assessor that, and it's in the PA4.

More
1 week 4 days ago #290451 by BIS
Hi Denby

Assessors should not be penalising people for not taking medication. It says that somewhere in their guidance.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Wendy Woo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.