× Members

New to PIP

More
1 week 4 days ago #290527 by Diluk
New to PIP was created by Diluk
Hi,

I'm just panicking a little as I've originally wrote up notes on my sons PIP claim. However I feels it war and peace as I've to much and not enough space.. Ive got all evidence with his issues (ASD/LD).

Question is the forms, can I just keep it brief and bullet point his issues.

Ie no safety awareness, cannot safely use utensils etc..

Kd

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #290530 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic New to PIP
Hello Diluk,
Well done on compiling the first edition of War and Peace!
It can be hard to decide how much to include in the initial claim, but make sure you cover all of your son's issues, together with one or two good examples of each issue. In my opinion what you don't need to do is include multiple examples demonstrating the same problem.
If I have lots of material to include in the claim I very rarely complete the free text boxes in the form where it asks you about the issues with each activity. What I do instead is write 'see separate sheet' in the box and then type up a document with all the details. Much easier to edit and it saves the assessor having to read my handwriting.
Any additional sheet of paper you submit needs your son's name and NI number as a header on the top of each page. I also include page numbers.
Hope this helps a little, and do please come back to us,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.