× Members

Asking to be appointee on PIP application

More
1 week 3 days ago #290542 by Cazza740105
Asking to be appointee on PIP application was created by Cazza740105
Hi,
My son is moving from DLA to PIP. He will be 16 next month. A few months ago I filled out a form to say he did not need an appointee, but now it is becoming apparent that he does. DLA have advised to ask to be his appointee when we apply for PIP (when we do that initial phone call together). How long will it take for the checks to take to allow me to be approved as appointee. Is it quick? I am worried I have messed things up by not asking to be appointee in the first place.
Would be grateful for any advice/experiences,
Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #290560 by BIS
Hi Cazza74105

I can't tell you how long it will take. Hopefully, as you have been his appointee before, it will be a quick process. Check out the government advice on this www.gov.uk/become-appointee-for-someone-claiming-benefits.

I know the DLA people have said - do it on the first call for PIP, but I would ring the free PIP line and see whether you can start the process now. If they say wait until the first call you have your answer.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cazza740105

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.