× Members

GP letter/report

More
1 week 2 days ago #290597 by Anneb
GP letter/report was created by Anneb
I’m Appointee for my adult son with autism. Our very good GP, who my son had been under for 7 years, wrote a report detailing his problems in January just in case my son had a review of his PIP or ESA. Now that GP has left our GP surgery :( How long will that report be valid for a PIP or ESA review ? Or will I have to get a different GP to redo that letter, that is if they will, it’s virtually impossible to get an appointment now at our GP practice so it will be difficult for a new GP to get to know my son like the last one did.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #290607 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic GP letter/report
Hello Anneb,
There are no hard ruling on this one. The letter you have reflects the issues your son has now, clearly the further you move away from now the greater the opportunity for someone to say that your son's condition may have changed since the letter was written. I have submitted evidence which was 4 years old not had it challenged, it was the best we had. Very often when a consultant gives a diagnosis that is a one off event, they don't keep doing it every few years just to keep the DWP happy.
The older your son is, the more likely you are to be able to argue that his condition is stable and not improving (or getting worse).
I guess what I am saying is that if you can get a more up to date letter than that would be best - but don't throw away the old one, it still carries weight.
Wishing you success at your next reviews,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Wendy Woo, C

More
1 week 2 days ago #290635 by Anneb
Replied by Anneb on topic GP letter/report
Thanks Catherine. Perhaps the new GP would update it next year when DWP might migrate ESA to UC, but if she doesn't the letter does state my son, who is 35, has an enduring lifelong disability. All so stressful with the good GP leaving.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.