× Members

Missed deadline - ESA account closed

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290695 by CO
My father missed deadline to submit bank statements, due to broken device he didn’t get email notification to check journal. I handle his affairs and didn’t receive a text message to check the journal. We have also been dealing with a family bereavement. Due to my father’s mental health issues, it would be too stressful for him to go through ESA application process again. I logged to to DWP and his account was closed on 16th April. Do I have grounds for mandatory reconsideration? . I have the evidence - bank statements that were requested and housing information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290724 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Missed deadline - ESA account closed
Hi CO

You can't put in for a mandatory reconsideration on an account that has been closed. Contact the the DWP and see once you explain your father's circumstances (no notice, mental health, family bereavement) whether they will reopen his account and allow you to submit the information they need.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
1 week 3 days ago #290956 by CO
Replied by CO on topic Missed deadline - ESA account closed
Thank you. It was actually the UC account that was closed ( all so confusing) . I contacted UC a case worker contacted me back to do an MR and bring documents to job centre. He said to do a rapid reclaim and LCWRA would be added back to the account. I went through UC questions and I’m stumped on HEALTH: Do I tick fit note ( and wait longer to go doctors etc) or select a date his health affected work, I wasn’t sure if the date would be when my father started to hand in fitnotes or can I put a random date when ill health started to affect him where he shouldn’t have been working or looking for work ( it’s been a longtime, I don’t know the exact date) he shouldn’t have been working way before he got benefit. My father is concerned that if dates don’t match up ( somewhere on UC system) there will be an issue.

More
1 week 2 days ago #290972 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Missed deadline - ESA account closed
Hi CO,

I would actually ask the caseworker about this, then you have something in writing from them, should it go wrong.
Just explain what you've said on here, and that you can't recall the dates. If they have to match, I'm sure they'll be able to tell you from the DWP system.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 1 day ago #291000 by CO
Replied by CO on topic Missed deadline - ESA account closed
I can’t access journal until I submit the claim, so I can’t get anything in writing. I will call back and see if I can speak to case manager. I called the hotline and they said if I don’t have a fitnote I should put in the date the health impacted my fathers ability to work.

More
1 week 1 day ago #291004 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Missed deadline - ESA account closed
Hi CO,

Well I suppose you have something at least - just make a log of the call date, time and what was said to cover yourself for future reference.

Chris.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.