× Members

DWP excuses when asked to send out PIP PA4 Assessment

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290704 by Navigator
Hi All,

A friend of mine has requested her PA4 Assessment from the DWP, despite several telephone calls, the DWP are insistant it was sent, but after 8 weeks has still not arrived, after yet another call, they are now saying it must be lost in the post.

Can I ask what personal information is contained on this form, and is there a risk of a Data Protection Breach? The DWP helpline advisor simply stated that there is no personal information on the form, but how can this be true, or how would they be able to identify that it is hers?

They want to blame the Post Office, but wont send another one? And insist that they cannot send it electronically?

Has, or is, anyone else having this problem, and is there a way around just waiting and for how long?

Kind regards

Navigator
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290725 by BIS
Hi Navigator

Some people have certainly had problems getting hold of their report, but I have not heard of them refusing to send out a second copy. It's not your friend's fault if it has been lost in the post. They are entitled to see that information. I would get your friend to ring again and ask them to send out a copy - if they refuse, they may have to put in a Subject Access Request to get a copy. If the call handler refuses to send out a copy, tell your friend that they want to speak to a case manager immediately and see if someone more senior will send it out again. If they refuse - start the SAR request. (It doesn't cost anything)

What appears on the form varies from one person to another, but it has a name on it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, VIA, C

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290729 by Navigator
Thanks Bis,

I will let her know.

N.

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.