× Members

Changes

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290715 by Hughie
Changes was created by Hughie
Hi Everyone
Like everyone else, I am horrified that this vicious Government seems intent on taking PIP awards away from thousands of claimants. Can I ask a few things on this? If this motley crew does indeed get the boot at the General Election, will the changes they want have been implemented by then? I ask because I understand they have to go through a consultation process first. It will obviously be a biased one, but will still take time. Also, does anyone know how this might affect claimants who have been given indefinite awards? I ask because after 2 initial time based awards, I was given an indefinite award in 2021. I am now approaching 68 years of age and I know the multiple conditions I suffer with are in no way going to improve at my age. However, I am becoming extremely stressed that this heartless lot in power will just have a huge scourge and they will go at anyone and everyone. I really hope this does not sound disrespectful to younger claimants, as I assure you it is not meant as such. Thank You - Hughie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290737 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Changes
Hi Hughie

BIS has answered a similar question which I thought was well set out; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-...s/145669-pip-reforms

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hughie, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.