× Members

Rules on timeframes for PIP

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290731 by Dotty
Rules on timeframes for PIP was created by Dotty
Hello,
I have a query regarding the rules for PIP around wait times and predicted time your condition will affect you for.
I've had my condition for about 9 years and it has progressively worsened but significantly since August last year and since then I believe I meet a lot of the descriptors for eligibility and used your check test. I've applied for PIP but am now unsure if I meet the timeframe as I recently read that its the 3 months before you apply that count, and not the timeframe I was thinking which was from August last year, so the way I've worked it out is as I applied in March this year that I wouldn't meet the timeframes until Dec this year (assuming that my condition doesn't improve) and that December last year would be the start of the 3 months, am I correct in my thinking? I've started the online application but am not sure if I should submit it or wait and see if my condition improves or withdraw it assuming this is possible to do, if I'm likely to fall at the first hurdle. Also would there be any impact on any future claim if I did withdraw it
I do hope this makes sense :)
Thanks for your help
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290744 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Rules on timeframes for PIP
Hi Dotty

If you had a condition for the last nine years then you pass the time test, you state that your condition has progressively worsen over time, remember that PIP is not about the condition but how the condition affects you.

What you have shown is that you have had a condition for more than 3 months and ongoing for more than 9 months.

If you are unsure about applying for pip have a go at the PIP self-test; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/personal-indep...nt-pip/pip-self-test

It will not tell you for definite but it gives you a good indication as only you know yourself what you can and cannot do.

Good luck.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290748 by Dotty
Replied by Dotty on topic Rules on timeframes for PIP
Thank you Gary this is very helpful 😊

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.