× Members

PIP - government proposed changes to benefit system

More
3 weeks 6 hours ago #290790 by zaib
I started receiving PIP both components at age 64, it is an ongoing AWARD and I have continued getting PIP after reaching pension age.
If the objective of the government is to change benefit for people under pension age to help them back into full work but it may affect those who continue to need it after reaching pension age, on an indefinite AWARD, under the present rules.
I am very worried .Apparently PIP will effectively stop for me , if changed to vouchers etc from GP. I don't have the physical and mental capacity to avail anything through the proposed reimbursements through GP route I can hardly manage my frequent GP appointments. The proposed changes can push into a situation it would be hard to survive independently . I don't know if government is also considering other changes such as care home system .
Can anyone please advise if there can be a possibility of a legal action to keep the ongoing AWARDS in tact as they are in place, at the time..
The following user(s) said Thank You: UB40 Rumrunner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 hours ago #290794 by Chris
Hi Zaib,

This is a huge subject that is worrying A LOT of people, including myself. I would say at the moment, following on from the expert advice from Martin Lewis, please see the below link:

www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/uk-world-news...pip-benefits-9255716

Hope this helps, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, UB40 Rumrunner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.