× Members

ESA PIP don't know where to start. Or if this is the right place to ask.

More
3 weeks 5 hours ago #290797 by Tired MUM
I have been dithering for a few years deciding if I should claim. I have done it for my children and seen how difficult it can be and just wondering where to start for myself. I am 61, have ADHD , ? ASD, late diagnosis., Hypothyroid, anxiety is crippling right now so can't think straight. Suddenly have various physical problems rearing their heads, Type 2 Diabetes, arthritis possibly inflammatory, mobility issues , lots of painful boring stuff, frozen shoulder. Waiting on histology results ? CA uterine.
Have subscribed to see if i can sort it out , do I have to pick a problem and claim for that or do I just list everything and then explain what condition causes each difficulty? Did the self assessment for PIP , says Enhanced on both, I know this doesn't mean an award but might be worth a punt, ESA says support group again I know this doesn't actually mean that is what I would get but might be worth a try.
Got complete chaos head right now but any pointers what to do next gratefully received, do I apply on line , by phone any help welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 hours ago #290806 by Gary
Hi Tired MUM

This is the right place to ask and Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum.

To apply for PIP you need to contact PIP new claims; 0800 917 2222, you will be asked for your doctors details and your bank details, they will then send you a form to complete, you may want to get help from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk

Unless you are already in receipt of ESA, newclaimants now have to apply for UC unless they are eligible to claim NS ESA, again you local Welfare Rights Organisation will be able to help you.

PIP is not awarded because of the condition but rather the limitations that result and prevent a claimant from completing a range of everyday activities.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tired MUM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.