× Members

Few questions about PIP appeal and ESA reveiw

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290862 by JK2019
Hi there, I have a few questions:

1. Are ESA (support group) reviews currently suspended? I see conflicting information regarding this.

2. Can calling ESA to change bank account details trigger an earlier review?

3. My PIP was stopped following review in July, and I logged an appeal in September. I am still waiting for the hearing. (nearly 8 months) Is waiting this long normal?

4. After launching my appeal, I received a letter from the court saying the DWP has responded, and they sent me a big bundle of old paperwork. Is this a normal process? Does everyone who appeals receive this?

5. Does uploading additional support documents to the PIP tribunal website delay the waiting for the hearing further?

Thanks in advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290879 by BIS
Hi JK2019

1. Members of B&W in the ESA support group have certainly had reviews this year.

2. Changing bank details will not trigger a review.

3. Appeals generally take up to a year.

4. Yes, it is normal to receive a bundle when appealing. Every claimant should receive one.

5. You can upload documents up to two weeks before the appeal takes place. It does not delay the hearing.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.