× Members

Government Proposals Form

More
1 week 4 days ago #291052 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Government Proposals Form
They’re just letting you think you’ve had a say in the matter, when in reality it’s already been decided. That is if they can ever get away with it.

I didn’t complete it all as I wasn’t always sure what they were asking, & didn’t want slip up & give them any ideas..

I’m just hoping they don’t do away with the odd points, as whatever they do it sure won’t be to our benefit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 4 days ago #291054 by Tuliptrees
Replied by Tuliptrees on topic Government Proposals Form
I'd be happy to post the remainder of my responses, but it is quite lengthy. However, I will if it helps others in their responses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chazy, S123

More
1 week 4 days ago #291059 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic Government Proposals Form
I think the question is "Would it actually make any difference?"
I would hope so, and like to think that there's someone out there that's actually reading the responses.

Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

More
1 week 4 days ago #291061 by Tuliptrees
You are right Chris, most likely it will make no difference. But, I am going to post some more of my responses to the survey in the hope that someone, anyone, takes at least one response and uses it for their own submission.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chazy, Chris

More
1 week 4 days ago #291062 by Tuliptrees
Further responses which I have submitted. I hope some of you will take the time to complete the survey; after all, it is the one and only chance to change attitudes. Feel free to copy and paste if you wish:

In my opinion, all PIP claimants should be subject to an award review, regardless. Such a review process could be based on a reverse action sliding scale. For example, criteria should be agreed upon based on age, condition, impact, likelihood of returning to employment, etc. The review could then be simplified cross referencing evidence to a simple periodic phone call reaffirming no changes based on the criteria, followed by a regular yearly phone call with submission of ongoing treatment when requested.

For all three elements, start with your medical expert's opinion. Terms such as chronic or acute will help you. Look at the DoH Major Conditions strategy, 2023: That is why we have decided to develop a major conditions strategy - a blueprint for improving outcomes over the next five years covering cancer, heart disease, musculoskeletal disorders, mental ill-health, dementia and respiratory diseases. Let those who know what they are doing take the lead on this. Cut out the progressive privatisation of the NHS.

Here we go again, thinking one size fits all. An aid or an appliance should not be factored as an indicator of ongoing costs. Yes, of course, you will get cases of people claiming to be immobile, using crutches to get about, etc. Then, wow, there they are, dancing away and enjoying themselves caught out on social media. But do not tar everyone with the same brush. Aids are aids, and where an ongoing health issue has been identified and diagnosed, those feed into the Major Conditions strategy. Use that in your deliberations with some common sense.

People who accumulate low points across activities may well have the same level of extra care costs; they just do not have the experience of successfully completing a process that is set up to fail them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chazy

More
1 week 4 days ago #291064 by Tuliptrees
Spot on. Infosys = Mr Sunaks wife. Usual Conservative behaviours, what's yours is mine, and what's mine is mine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.