× Members

PIP - Mandatory reconsideration

More
2 weeks 3 hours ago #290945 by Elizabeth
PIP - Mandatory reconsideration was created by Elizabeth
I had my distressing Zoom interview on the 12th March 2024 ( having waited since February ) with my husband supporting me.
The assessor seemed ok but subsequently reading the written report, clearly hadn't seen the affect it had had on me and there seemed to be a disparity between the written assessment and the allocated points.

I found it daunting, and looked to my husband as usual for his input/clarification and recollection of events.

The copy report arrived within a week and on first reading documented relatively accurately what had been said, however the points allocated did NOT correspond!

I waited to hear from the DWP and when I did, it just mirrored the written report.

I was allocated the same number of points for daily living needs that I had been allocated in 2017!

I have deteriorated since then and we are wanting to dispute the sections 'Preparing food 'and 'managing you treatments.'

Do I phone the DWP and tell them that we want to go for Mandatory reconsideration and then send the CRMR1 form with a covering letter or just send the letter?

Also will the money stop while they are considering or will it continue?

I'm anxious about doing this but feel angry that I have not been assessed correctly.

Any thoughts would be greatfully received.

Liz
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago #290960 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP - Mandatory reconsideration
E

You don't say what the award was but I am assuming that it was a Standard one, if it is Enhanced then I would not put yourself through the MR process, scoring extra points in this situation is irrelevant.

I would first go through the Assessment Report to understand why you did not score the points you expected, you need to bridge this gap in order to receive a higher award.

You can request an MR over the phone but I would always follow up the request in writing.

You do not have to use the CRMR1 form but it will add some structure to your request.

There are guides in our PIP area that cover challenging the Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Elizabeth

More
1 week 5 days ago #290978 by Elizabeth
Replied by Elizabeth on topic PIP - Mandatory reconsideration
Hi Gordon,
Thank you for the reassurance, YesI was awarded Standard for daily living needs! Also, the original renewal application was received by DWP February 2023! We have been through the Assessment report and the descriptors and feel that I should definately receive more points. The first PIP payment is due on Wednesday 8th (standard daily living and enhanced mobility ) and I have received the backdated mobility part, fantastic!
I was planning on phoning DWP on the 9th ( Award letter letter dated 15th April ) to say I wanted Mandatory reconsideration for the daily living needs and will be sending through the CRMR1 from with a covering letter and highlighted parts of the copy report which we are disputing. I hope this is ok.
I do not know how long the MR takes and am worried that my Pip payments will cease until the decision is made. Is this the case? I feel super anxious that although I firmly believe the points are wrong and if I ask for MR they will penalise me!
Can you advise? Thanks again

Liz

More
1 week 5 days ago #290980 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP - Mandatory reconsideration
Hello Elizabeth,
Let's start with a quick reassurance that you can safely request a MR. The PIP payments which you were awarded at your assessment will continue whilst they are considering your MR and indeed if you have to take it to an appeal. Any additional award you get should be back dated. Mandatory Reconsiderations seem to be taking 'a few months', and remember if you get additional evidence during that period you can still send it in.
Wishing you the right outcome
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris