× Members

PIP 16 question review letter

More
1 week 3 days ago #291173 by sonnyboyo
PIP 16 question review letter was created by sonnyboyo
Hi,
I am due to reach pension age in December 2024 and I am receiving UC, contributory ESA, PIP (highest rates) I have 45 years N.I. Contributions and ask will I automatically be moved onto state pension? What is your advice on the 16 question PIP review letter? My son turns 18 years old on my birthday so I won't be claiming for him any longer. Any help would be appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #291174 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP 16 question review letter
Hello sonnyboyo,
Please can you prompt us by telling us what Question 16 is on the PIP review letter? (I don't have one on my desk at the moment.)
And yes, you will be moved automatically over from UC and ESA to the state pension. State pension is not means tested, but it is sometime possible to get a top up to that of Pension Credit. That is means tested, but if your only income is State Pension and PIP (which is ignored for this purpose) you are likely to be entitled to it. However, you do have to pro-actively apply for it.
Hope this helps,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 3 days ago #291185 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP 16 question review letter
Catherine

Sorry to correct you but claimants have to claim the State Pension there is no automatic transfer, sb should be sent a letter to do this about three months before they reach State Retirement age.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 week 3 days ago #291186 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic PIP 16 question review letter
Very happy to learn Gordon - thank you! 😊

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris