× Members

Assessor lied about everything

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291614 by B3lla
Assessor lied about everything was created by B3lla
I recently had a video PIP review assessment. The Capita assessor lied about virtually all my answers apart from recent hospital treatment and I have gone from Enhanced for both care and mobility, to no care and Standard Mobility. My daughter covertly audio recorded my assessment but someone called so she only got about 10 minutes, but in that short time, multiple of her lies are proven. Where do I go from here please?
Thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Anji

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291620 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Assessor lied about everything
Hello B311a,

At this point I would simply request your Mandatory Reconsideration (see our guides for lots of help on this), and say something like 'It is incorrectly recorded in the assessor's notes that I said that regularly went mountain climbing. In fact I said that I struggled to walk down my drive to the car, a distance of only 10m.'

I find it a soul destroying activity when you get a report like that but use your indignation to energise you to get that MR request written!

Wishing you success,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Charlie, Anji

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291642 by Sheila 966
Replied by Sheila 966 on topic Assessor lied about everything

I recently had a video PIP review assessment. The Capita assessor lied about virtually all my answers apart from recent hospital treatment and I have gone from Enhanced for both care and mobility, to no care and Standard Mobility. My daughter covertly audio recorded my assessment but someone called so she only got about 10 minutes, but in that short time, multiple of her lies are proven. Where do I go from here please? Thank you

You can still make a complaint to Capita in the meantime - you will need to make it clear that the Assessor has misrepresented you by referring to evidence that you had already submitted - I am assuming that you did not have an 'official' recording, therefore the Capita investigator will not be able to comment on any "he said/she said" complaint - but they will review all of the evidence you supplied and be able to see where the assessor has ignored that evidence.

In my daughters' case it overturned a Nil point Review to reverting to the previous award of enhanced/enhanced - the DWP decision maker took the Capita Complaint into account when making their decision - Capita have 20 working days from the date that they receive the complaint to get a decision back to you.

I would recommend that you include a copy of your complaint letter with your MR, thus ensuring that the Decision Maker knows that there is an ongoing complaint re the assessment, I don't know whether the DM would hold up making a decision on your MR, but it's worth a try.

I suggest emailing Capita to get the wheels in motion asap - and follow up daily until you get an acknowledgement letter/email ;)

Wishing you all the best x
The following user(s) said Thank You: B3lla, Catherine, Wendy Woo

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291650 by B3lla
Replied by B3lla on topic Assessor lied about everything
Do I tell them I recorded her?
TIA

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291652 by Anji
Replied by Anji on topic Assessor lied about everything
Sadly B3lla it seems like an all too frequent occurrence. So many people, my son and I included, received an assessor's report that bore no relation at all to the conversation we had had.

I would advise complaining about the assessor. I would have done so but didn't realise in time that this was a possibility. We have recently had our MR back and they only considered this very flawed report and none of the other evidence. We are now appealing to the tribunal. However, there are others who complained to Capita immediately after their assessment and (with some persistence) got a good result.

Good luck with it all!
Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: B3lla, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291658 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Assessor lied about everything
Hi B311a

There's no need to say in your MR that you made your own recording, as they won't consider it. Just use what you have to contradict what they said - by saying assessor "misunderstood, they have forgotten, they have misinterpreted, they are mistaken, they must have been confused, they didn't read, they didn't hear ..." Don't call them a liar - however tempting and accurate it would be.

Don't forget to get hold of your assessment report - if you haven't already. It's called a PA4. It should give you more details about how they came to their decision.

I would do as Sheila said—and put in a complaint immediately and attach a copy. In the MR, concentrate on challenging the points—and in the complaint—as well as telling them about the inaccuracies. You can also comment on the lack of professionalism in providing such a faulty report.

Best of luck

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: B3lla, denby, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.