× Members

New PIP proposals and Motability - just thinking

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291671 by DarrenL
Totally agree Sally. I am thinking if the take away the Motability scheme it could become unworkable and bankrupt the organisation. I also note that not much is being said as to how any proposals would affect MB. I am really worried and anxious over it.

DarrenL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291687 by fibrofred
Replied by fibrofred on topic New PIP proposals and Motability - just thinking
Unfortunately these proposals are really disheartening to a lot of people but remember they are only proposals made my an outgoing government. I have been reading many questions that have been put to DWP Ministers from Labour (and other parties) and it is clear to see they are very unhappy with these proposals. I have posted some of the links on the B&W news section earlier but here are just a couple (of many) that I hope will bring you some comfort.

www.theyworkforyou.com/lords/?id=2024-05...s=Pip+reform#g1966.0

www.theyworkforyou.com/ni/?id=2024-04-30.2.20&s=rishi+sunak

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291709 by sally-jane
Replied by sally-jane on topic New PIP proposals and Motability - just thinking
A.A is as I understand only for those who did not receive DLA/PIP before the age of 65/66. Therefore if DLA/PIP is either removed or means tested for us receiving the SP, we will be extremely financially depleted and unable to manage. The SP takes you above the level to receive any benefits so anyone will be unable to obtain any. Furthermore if anyone is on IIB, once over SP age, one has to be receiving DLA/PIP for it to continue. So a double wammy if these benefits are means tested or removed. This whole scenario is disgraceful and the removal of the ability to have anything basically as a simple lifestyle. We do not choose to be unwell, have a disability etc and the removal of this basic financial help is deplorable and shows the lack of understanding from those who are trying to implement these nonsensical changes. We are not all a one size fits all and individual aspects should be accounted for.

More
3 weeks 1 day ago #291833 by duckduckdo
Replied by duckduckdo on topic New PIP proposals and Motability - just thinking
I completely agree with you. PIP is such a lengthy, stressful process to go through that I don’t understand why they are looking at PIP to save money, (due to the huge out of work benefits bill) especially for anxiety and depression. PIP is not an out of work benefit. Thousands work who claim PIP. A lot of people also suffer with anxiety and, or, depression caused by their physical disabilities. Why are they going after the disabled ? It was this Government’s decision to bring mental illness within the PIP descriptors but now say it isn’t working. Living on benefits is not a choice for people living with physical or visible disabilities. What will happen to the Mobility scheme? It is an absolute lifeline for many and the constant reassessment to prove how disabled you are and the excruciating wait times, not knowing whether you can keep your mobility vehicle or costs to help us keep our independence is just cruel and causes anxiety and depression.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.