× Members

Dwp called before pip tribunal

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291662 by Anxiousannie
Dwp called before pip tribunal was created by Anxiousannie
Hi

I am very confused. I lodged a pip mr and they refused so I started a trubunal appeal. On the day they were supposed to arrive at their decision they called me and asked me a few questions.

The man was very nice but I still felt anxious, I zoned out toward the end and I’m not sure if he said they will call me back and make an offer if they felt they should and if not it will go to a tribunal.

Has anyone had experience of this and if so what has happened I just feel like giving up there’s no point it’s hard and I feel so distress and confused by everything
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291667 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Dwp called before pip tribunal
Hi Anxiousannie

I'm sorry this is stressing you out. Sometimes, the DWP rings claimants before a Tribunal and asks additional questions before making an offer. Sometimes, people accept the offer, and sometimes, they choose to go on with the Tribunal. Don't give up. Wait and see if they call you back.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Wendy Woo, Charlie, Anji, Anxiousannie

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #291675 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic Dwp called before pip tribunal
Hello,

This happened to me (as appointee for my son) a couple of months ago. I got really stressed about it, but thanks to advice received from BIS and the other Mods, I kept as calm as I could while waiting for the phone call. It worked out well in the end, as they offered to reinstate the award he'd had previously, so I will keep my fingers crossed for you too.

Best wishes,

Wendy
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, VIA, Gary, Anxiousannie

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291690 by Anxiousannie
Replied by Anxiousannie on topic Dwp called before pip tribunal
Thanks Wendy

How long did it take for them to call back after the call where they did the questions first?

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291697 by Anxiousannie
Replied by Anxiousannie on topic Dwp called before pip tribunal
Hi

I have got a notification from the hearing tracking service and they’ve said dwp have responded and I must wait for a letter in the post for their decision. Does this mean the trubunal will go ahead usually as they haven’t phone and it’s been one day nearly
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291701 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Dwp called before pip tribunal
Hello Ancious Annie,

I am afraid it does not mean anything other than what it says. The DWP have responded and you will get a letter about it.

That is a standard message and the DWP's decision can still be anything. It could be that the still reject your case, that they have completely changed their mind and decided to award you what you have asked for, or it could mean that they have agreed to some of what you have asked for but not everything.

The lack of phone call is no guidance as to which way they are going to jump.

I hope your wait is over soon,
Catherine

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.