× Members

Finally result with PIP thanks to this site!

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291691 by Greenfinch28
Finally result with PIP thanks to this site! was created by Greenfinch28
Hi All
Best thing I ever did was subscribe to this advice site. This was my second application, the first was declined, I thought I could just say how things were & that would be ok. It was awful, I felt bullied & dreaded reapplying.
However having subscribed to this site I learnt how specific you have to be so I was prepared, the assessment was so much easier because I understood what they were trying to ascertain.
I’m please to share I have been awarded standard daily living & enhanced mobility but more importantly I can now get a blue badge (this will help so much!). However my husband is pleased that my mobility issues have been recognised!
Thank you so much.
It’s a 2 year award due to my issue is arthritis of the hip which hopefully will be resolved once I have a hip replacement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, VIA, Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291716 by BIS
Hi Greenfinch28

Many congratulations on your successful PIP award. Glad to hear that you found the guides so useful. Well done for making the most of them and getting through the process.

I don't want to alarm you - but be aware - that review forms can be sent out up to a year before the award end date. So you could get the review form in a year's time. I just want you to be forewarned.

Glad you can now get your blue badge.
]
BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291718 by VIA
Dear BIS,

If we get a PIP REVIEW FORM up to a year before the award end date, do you know how long we have to fill in and return that form?

Could we have a year to fill it in and return it if our PIP expires one year from receiving that form, or could it be one month maybe?

Many thanks.
Best wishes.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291724 by BIS
Hi Via

You get one month to return the form - because they want to try and process the forms, carry out the assessment and issue the award before the time runs out.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Charlie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.