× Members

Phone assessment problems

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291695 by Mary71
Phone assessment problems was created by Mary71
I received a call for my telephone assessment from Capita this morning, 15 min late. At the beginning of the call I asked for it to be recorded, they told me to hang up and they would call me again in 10 mins. I waited by my phone(fully charged) and they never called back 😞 So after 25 mins I called Capita and they said they had tried to call me twice and the call wouldn't connect. I tried to book another assessment, but they said that I would have to wait 5 working days to know an outcome ?

I'm quite worried that they will now turn me down, it wasn't my fault, and I've heard about this happening on here to other people. I've noted everything down times what was said , ladies name who told me to wait 5 working days etc....

I'm just very worried, and I'm due a major operation in a few weeks time!

Could someone please advise? I've tried to do the right thing by writing everything down. By the way the line from the assessor was really bad(1st call) I had to ask her to repeat herself

Many thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291712 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Phone assessment problems
Hi Mary71

I'm sorry this has happened to you.

You have done all the right things. I would contact the DWP and tell them what happened. They won't do anything - but you will have it on your record. When you've made that call - write to the DWP confirming your conversation with them. Eg "I rang you on (date) to tell you about my scheduled assessment with Capita which should have taken place on (date), what happened and what I have been told will happen next..." Tell them you are going to be having a major operation and this is adding to your stress. Add anything that the call handler from the DWP says to you. Make a copy of that letter before posting.

I would also write to Capita with the same details including information about your operation. Keep a copy of the letter.

Then there is nothing more you can do.

I hope you hear from them quickly.

Wishing you all the best with your op when it takes place.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Charlie

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #291719 by Mary71
Replied by Mary71 on topic Phone assessment problems
Thank you, and thanks for all the moderators on this site and there invaluable advice.

I will follow your advice and again thanks
Mary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.